Wednesday 30 January 2008

Monday's Dinner: Salmon Fishcakes

Pin It Now!

Sticking to the meal plan I made on Sunday we had Salmon Fishcakes with homemade Potato Wedges and a mixed green salad for dinner on Monday.

I adapted the recipe to my liking from one posted by Wendy's Kitchen on Recipezaar. I had never made any fishcakes that didn't contain potatoes, but gotta say they were really quite good and the best thing about it is that they used up a can of Salmon I've had in my kitchen cupboard for yonks.

Photobucket

This is what I did with the recipe, it made five fishcakes:

Healthy Salmon Fishcakes

1 large can of salmon
1/4 cup of porridge oats
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1 egg white
2tbsp fresh chives, chopped
2tbsp fresh corriander, chopped
1 tsp dill
1 tsp chili flakes
1 1/2 tbsp sweet chili sauce

In a mixing bowl mash the salmon, ricotta, oats and egg white together.

Add the herbs, chili flakes and chili sauce and mix well.

Shape into fishcakes and fry over medium heat in a little olive oil until golden brown on each side and heated through. Be careful when turning them, so they don't fall apart.

Depending on the size of your egg or how well you drain your salmon you might want to add a few more oates if the mix is too wet.

No comments: